I took a stroll in our community park this week on the most excellent drop day. Temps have been very low 60’s, sky was bright blue, there was a slight breeze and just the scent of autumn in the air. The trees have been turning for two weeks now but on this day, with the breeze, leaves ended up fluttering to the ground all around me.
I brought a bag with me to obtain leaves, as one does on ideal drop days, and I gathered so lots of that it felt like it weighed a couple lbs .. I instantly assumed of the ideal thought for my giant bag of leaves…. a leaf wreath built with a wire hanger!
I 1st noticed this leaf wreath thought decades back on my buddy Gina’s site, Willowday. I realized it required a ton of leaves considering the fact that they are stacked, and I’m ordinarily a person who only collects what I can keep, so I haven’t had a probability to carry dwelling a big leaf haul until now!
How to make a leaf wreath with a wire hanger:
1. Acquire your leaves and arrange them by coloration. I will have to have collected a couple of hundred leaves at minimum, but truth be told I *however* didn’t have ample. I experienced to reduce my hanger a minor shorter. So err on the side of as well considerably!
2. Use needle nose pliers to untwist the top of the wire hanger. Use your individual palms to bend out the kinks, then to bend it into a circle. To slash the wire hanger (which you will most likely have to do until you got thousands of leaves!), just bend again and forth a several periods in just one spot and it will crack. You can do this by hand or with the pliers. (You can also use floral wire, like this vine-included kind, in its place of a hanger.)
3. Get started stacking and threading the leaves onto the wire hanger. It’s incredibly straightforward to do, you can do a bunch at a time.
4. Thread them upside down right until you get midway, then thread them right facet up.
6. When you are carried out threading, use the pliers to bend the end into a small loop, then hook it at the leading to secure the ring.
This wreath will begin to dry up very swiftly and the hues will fade. If you want the color to final, attempt dipping the leaves in beeswax initial!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Did you like this put up? Right here are some a lot more artwork tips with leaves: